Apply now to join Active Journeys
INFORMATION FROM SUSTRANS CYMRU
Our Active Journeys programme is an exciting initiative for schools who wish to see more of their pupils choosing an active and healthy journey to school.
Increasing the number of children who regularly walk, cycle or scoot to school has numerous benefits including:
- increased physical activity levels resulting in improved health and wellbeing
- reduced congestion around schools
- improved relations with the local community
- improved academic performance and attendance rates
- increased road safety awareness
- increased confidence, self-esteem and independence for young people.
Primary schools wishing to join the next Active Journeys programme are now being recruited.