Representative on Governors Wales’ Board
Who do Governors contact to attend?
Any of the Associations officers
Lead Governor Support Officer for Merthyr Tydfil
Unit 5, Triangle Business Park,
Merthyr Tydfil, NP18 2YE
Tel: 01685 724665
Objectives of the Association
- To promote best practice in governance in all schools within Merthyr Tydfil;
- To promote partnerships amongst schools in the County Borough;
- To represent school governors’ views on issues relating to school governance and the management and resourcing of schools to relevant authorities and organisations.
How can governors be involved?
Every Governing Body of a school in Merthyr Tydfil are asked to nominate one representative (Nominated Governor) to the Association. Any governor in Merthyr Tydfil may attend meetings.
Future Meeting Date
Summer term meeting – Monday 20th June 2017 @5:30
Venue: Merthyr Tydfil Civic Centre
- Welcome and any apologies
- Agree minutes of meeting held on the 13th March 2017
– a. Any matters arising from the minutes
- New Estyn Framework – Jacqui Roome (Headteacher of Troedyrhiw Community Primary and Estyn Inspector)
- Governor nominations for Estyn Lay Inspectors.
- Governors’ Wales reports
- Governors’ Wales AGM on 21 September 2017 at the MRC in Llandrindod Wells
– a. Confirm the 3 Association representatives who can vote at the AGM
– b. Identify any resolutions to be submitted
- Association Finance update.
- Feedback from reps on:
– a. School Budget Forum
– b. Central South Wales Consortium steering committee (Rosa)
– c. Admissions forum – (Denise)
– d. Learning and LAESCYP scrutiny committee (Rosa)
- Governing Body Case study – Laurence
- Feedback on any training
- Any other business at the direction of the chairperson
- Date of next meeting