Representative on Governors Wales’ Board
Who do Governors contact to attend?
Any of the Associations officers
Lead Governor Support Officer for Merthyr Tydfil
Unit 5, Triangle Business Park,
Merthyr Tydfil, NP18 2YE
Tel: 01685 724665
Objectives of the Association
- To promote best practice in governance in all schools within Merthyr Tydfil;
- To promote partnerships amongst schools in the County Borough;
- To represent school governors’ views on issues relating to school governance and the management and resourcing of schools to relevant authorities and organisations.
How can governors be involved?
Every Governing Body of a school in Merthyr Tydfil are asked to nominate one representative (Nominated Governor) to the Association. Any governor in Merthyr Tydfil may attend meetings.
Future Meeting Date
Spring term meeting – Monday 13th March 2017 @5:30
Venue: Merthyr Tydfil Civic Centre
- Welcome and any apologies.
- Agree minutes of meeting held on the 10th January 2017
– a. Any matters arising from the minutes
- Suggested School Committee Structure and associated Terms of Reference for each committee – Laurence
- Association Finance update
– a. Agree signatories for the Association Bank Account.
- Nominations for School Budget Forum substitute governor members.
- Feedback from reps on:
– a. School Budget Forum
– b. Central South Wales Consortium steering committee (Rosa)
– c. Admissions forum – (Denise)
– d. Learning and LAESCYP scrutiny committee (Rosa)
- Identify topics for next meeting
- Feedback on Training
- Any other business at the direction of the chairperson
- Date of next meeting